Junior Auxiliary of Hattiesburg, Inc. was built on the foundation of improving the community, especially where children are concerned. In 1941, the Junior Auxiliary of Hattiesburg was born with 23 ladies ready to volunteer their time for the betterment of the community and its children.
In 1943, the Hattiesburg chapter of 37 members was granted a charter by the National Association of Junior Auxiliaries, the twelfth volunteer group to be given such a charter in the nation.
As we enter the new century, the Junior Auxiliary of Hattiesburg continues the tradition of volunteer community service in meeting the needs of the underprivileged. The faces of the many thousands of individuals whose lives are touched by the efforts of nearly a hundred women of the Junior Auxiliary inspire us to fulfill our mission of dedicated service to others.